Credit toward certification:
MCP, Microsoft Specialist
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Who should take this exam?
This exam validates a candidate’s skills and knowledge about Microsoft virtual desktop technology. It validates your skills in Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Service Pack 2 (SP2), Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), as part of Windows Server 2012 R2.
This exam includes:
- Plan app virtualization (27%)
- Design an app distribution strategy. Design considerations, including impact on clients, offline access, deployment infrastructure, and remote locations; plan for updates to apps;
- Plan and implement app compatibility. Configure and implement Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit; planning considerations, including Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Virtual
- Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), client Hyper-V, and Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT); plan for application version co-existence;
- Update apps in desktop images. Configure online servicing, apply patches offline, configure offline virtual machine (VM) servicing, update Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) task sequences.
- Implement app virtualization (25%)
- Configure App-V. Configure a new application, configure a Connection Group, configure App-V reporting on the client, create a report for App-V;
- Deploy App-V clients. Install and test the App-V client; configure the App-V client; configure the App-V client, by using Group Policy;
- Configure apps sequencing. Install the App-V Sequencer, deploy sequenced apps, update sequenced apps, publish Office 2013 and Sequencing Add-On for Word 2013, deploy connected apps.
- Plan and implement virtual desktops (21%)
- Plan for pooled and personal desktops. Planning considerations, including shared storage, network, Storage Spaces, and scale-out file servers; plan capacity;
- Implement virtual desktop collections. Configure collections type, VM creation, and user assignments; configure client settings; configure Active Directory permissions;
- Plan and implement Remote Desktop Services (RDS). Install and configure Remote Desktop Session Host, install and configure the Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access) role, configure the
- Remote Desktop Connection Broker (RD Connection Broker) for the Remote Desktop Session Host, perform capacity analysis;
- Create and configure remote applications. Prepare Remote Desktop Session Hosts for application installation; configure RemoteApp properties; create a RemoteApp distribution file (MSI or RDP); sign packages with certificates; implement application version co-existence, by using RD Web Access; configure file extension associations;
- Deploy and manage remote applications. Configure RemoteApp and Desktop Connections settings, configure GPOs for signed packages, configure RemoteApp for Hyper-V, export and import RemoteApp configurations, deploy a RemoteApp distribution file (MSI or RDP).
- Plan and implement business continuity for virtualized apps (27%)
- Plan and implement a resilient Remote Desktop infrastructure. Design highly available RD Web Access, RD Connection Broker, and Remote Desktop Gateway; perform backup and recovery of the Remote Desktop Licensing server; configure VM or dedicated farm redirection;
- Plan and implement business continuity for virtual desktops. Design and implement Hyper-V Replica with Hyper-V Replica Broker, design and implement business continuity for personal and shared desktop collections;
- Plan and implement a resilient virtual app delivery infrastructure. Plan and implement highly available App-V data store and management server; implement pre-populated/shared cache App-V functionality for the VDI environment; implement highly available content share; implement a branch office strategy, using App-V; manage VM backups.