- Barcode scanners
- RF tags
- POS terminals and other Wi-Fi clients.
Design and implementation services of Wi-Fi networks involves the following stages:
- Radio survey.
- Equipment and services specifications which include installation and configuration.
- Drawing up and approval of Specification for the project, which describes tasks and requirements for wireless network.
- Delivery of hardware;
- Drawing up and approval of the Technical design, which contains and describes all the main technical details: the installation and configuration of the equipment.
- Installation and configuration of Wi-Fi equipment and system testing.
- Transfer to production.
- Further technical support and maintenance.
Products and technology expertise
In implementation of wireless networks TechExpert uses Hewlett-Packard Networking Wireless, which support IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n and comply with PCI-DSS*.
Establishment of wireless networks using HP Networking equipment consists of the following main components:
- HP MSM Wi-Fi APs.
- HP MSM Wi-Fi Controller (HP MSM Controller helps effectively establish the Wi-Fi network of any size). HP MSM Controllers, which enable you to centrally configure, manage, and control multiple APs and which also handle access-controlled clients.
- With HP Guest Management Software users can control access to Wi-Fi by users.
- Additional HP IMC WSM software provides a capability to manage wired and wireless network allowing to:
a) display active network topology including wireless devices
b) display coverage of wireless network considering any interferences and obstacles
c) display current location of wireless clients
d) identify and display location of users trying to get unauthorized wireless access
The scheme illustrates:
- HP MSM760 Mobility Controller - 1 items.
- HP MSM466-R outdoor APs – 4 items.
- HP MSM410 indoor APs – 3 items.
- HP MSM460 indoor APs – 3 items.
- HP 2910 PoE+ switches for AP powering – 2 items.
- HP MSM Controller team can manage up to 800 APs.
- HP MSM Controller includes built-in firewall.
- HP MSM controller can manage APs in large, geographically dispersed areas.
- Due to fast wireless roaming client won’t experience any delays migrating from one AP to another. Mobile clients can freely call via VoIP.
- Wireless Mesh provides ability to connect hard-to-reach APs using radio signal.
Infrastructure requirementsFor the successful implementation of the solution at minimal costs in price and time, the infrastructure of the company should meet the following requirements:
- Wired LAN
- PoE Switches or PoE Injectors for powering APs
Business benefits of solution:
- Ease of use and management, scalability and backup capability;
- Optimized architecture for establishing a flexible network structure;
- Support of APs and access control devices IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n;
- Complex protection for wireless networks.
Terms of imlementation
Terms of implementation depend on network coverage and set tasks.
If the project is implemented as shown in the scheme above, the estimated duration of the project will be 2 weeks.