The goal of the project is to create a comprehensive system for automating ITSM processes based on GLPI.
Tasks for the project executor
The company used a user appeal management system based on Jira Software and a GLPI system for accounting of the company's IT assets.
In order to ensure the integrity of the appeal management process and the ability to promptly receive information about all the assets of the appeal initiator – it was decided to implement the integration of Jira Software and GLPI.
The task was to preserve the familiar Jira interface for end users when registering requests and further communication about it, and for technical specialists and management of the technical support service – to provide a comprehensive toolkit for further processing of requests and management of IT assets.
The solution is implemented on the basis of GLPI open source software.
As part of the project, the integration of two systems (Jira Software and GLPI) was implemented in terms of application management, data synchronization was performed for applications and reference lists used when filling in data in the application.
- Warehouse management
- Human resources and payroll
- Project activities
- Retail, etc.
As a result of the project, the process looks like this
- End users register a request in Jira Software by filling in the basic data on the request
- The request is automatically created in GLPI and a link to the request in Jira is added
- As part of the request processing, technical support specialists can communicate with the initiator of the request by adding comments to the request in GLPI
- Relevant comments are automatically created in Jira and the user communicates with technical support by creating comments in Jira
- Any changes to the data in the application in one of the systems are automatically synchronized with the second system and the corresponding records are made in the history of changes to the application
Thus, within the framework of the project, it was possible to create a comprehensive ITSM process automation solution based on two systems, which covers the needs of both end users and technical support service specialists.
More details about automation of IT departments based on GLPI, as well as about outsourced software development.