The goal of the project is to make it easier for managers to work with the client base within the Microsoft Dynamics 365 system and to facilitate document management for sales managers, accountants, and lawyers by concentrating it within a document management system based on Microsoft SharePoint.
If the company implements document management based on Microsoft SharePoint and maintains a customer database in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 system, then such a company can be a customer of this project. This is especially relevant for large companies, where there are databases that contain suppliers, customers, and partners, and a huge number of documents that must be structured and distributed according to these databases.
In order to move away from the paper routine, from the constant disputes of the accounting department and managers over the control of receiving originals and the relevance of information in the client database, from now on it is not necessary to separately manage document circulation in SharePoint and manually update information in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 client database in parallel.
With the help of this solution, the process of creating and agreeing each document in SharePoint ensures automatic updating of information related to these documents in the client database of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and a quick transition from one system to another. That is, a manager who received a document from a client, entered it into the document flow on SharePoint and approved it within the company, can be sure that the necessary information has entered the client database in Microsoft Dynamics 365. In turn, the user who saw changes in the client database for the counterparty it can be an accountant, a lawyer, and a manager of another department) and wants to quickly find documentary evidence of this, he will be able to quickly go to the corresponding record and document in the SharePoint document management system using the specified link in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and view it. In other words, we've set up cross-referencing in each system, so you can easily move between your documents.
Every company has faced the situation when a manager, having received a document from a client or supplier that needs to be approved within the company (it can be a change of details, and official letters and other documents), forgets to update the client's card in the database during approval. Accordingly, managers from other departments do not have this information and make mistakes in subsequent documents for this client. It can also be the reverse situation – when the manager received the document from the client, entered the relevant information into the client database (for example, the same change of details), but the document itself was not uploaded to the document management system and was not approved within the company. Later, the accounting department and lawyers have a question - on what basis were the changes made in the client base and where is the confirming document?
It is to prevent such troubles in work that this solution is needed. By integrating the document management system with the client base, there will be no disputes in the work of users, and all information will be structured and up-to-date, easy to search and always have a supporting document.
Therefore, the integration of the SharePoint-based document management system with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is not just an automatic update of the counterparty database and documents, but also a convenient tool for sales managers that facilitates their work with documents and the client base, accelerates interaction within the company, which in turn, has a positive effect on users and their productivity. All this quickly and without losing any documents.
Applications or industries for which this solution is suitable
- IT service provider
- Trade, e-commerce
- Tourism industry
- Any company with a large customer base and a wide range of services
Tasks for the project executor
- Filling in the necessary information and uploading documents related to work with counterparties, their approval within the company in the SharePoint document management system
- Automatic saving of agreed information on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 side
- Saving links in the customer database on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 side to the corresponding documents in the document management system for easy transition to SharePoint
- Maintaining a document registry on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 side with links to the corresponding files in the SharePoint document flow
- The integration functionality is implemented using the standard advanced functionality of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft SharePoint
- The source of information on contracts and other documents of counterparties is Microsoft SharePoint, where the company's internal document flow is maintained
The integration of a document management system based on Microsoft SharePoint with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an ideal solution for business users who have a document flow and customer base in the respective systems, as it offers a set of necessary capabilities for sales managers, management, lawyers, and accountants.
Solves the following tasks
- Work with clients, starting with the introduction of a counterparty to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 system and ending with the approval of documents and updating information in the database
- Creation of documents and their approval within the company using business processes of document flow based on Microsoft SharePoint
- Updating counterparty cards and contracts in Microsoft Dynamics 365 based on agreed relevant documents on the SharePoint side, for example, official letters on changing counterparty details, additional agreements that change the terms of the contract
- Formation of a customer base in Microsoft Dynamics 365 with a register of related documents on the SharePoint side
As a result of the project, the system implemented
- Create counterparty cards in the customer base on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 side and automatically synchronize them with the document flow on SharePoint
- Formation and approval of documents within the company on the SharePoint side
- Automatic sending of approval results to the customer base and updating of relevant information on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 side
- The possibility of quick transition from one system to another has been set up, and the search for supporting documents has been simplified
- Formed a customer base in Microsoft Dynamics 365 with a register of related documents on the SharePoint side
Benefits of implementing the solution
- The integration of the Microsoft SharePoint document management system with Microsoft Dynamics 365 has simplified the interaction of managers with accounting and lawyers to update the client base and save relevant documents
- The solution accelerates external interaction with the client and within the company - from entering the counterparty into Microsoft Dynamics 365, promptly approving documents in the SharePoint document management system to automatically updating information in the database
- Work with the client base and the document management system has also been simplified. Now you don't need to search for information on a client or a Microsoft Dynamics 365 contract separately, and then search for supporting documents in the document management system or search for its terms in the text of the contract, but you can go directly from Microsoft Dynamics 365 with one click to the corresponding document on SharePoint
- A single corporate database of the company, which managers work with, containing all the necessary information to achieve high results of their activities, which is closely linked to the document management system
- A convenient tool to quickly find any information related to customers, suppliers and partners with any documents related to them