The purpose of the project is to develop a plan to optimize the IT infrastructure and build a strategy for the company's further development.
Fields of application or industries for which this solution is suitable
Any company that needs to get an expert assessment of the state of its IT infrastructure for its further optimization and modernization.
In connection with the wide implementation of Microsoft 365 applications in the educational process and the increase in the load on the network infrastructure, the customer company plans to modernize its corporate IT infrastructure. For this, it is necessary to have up-to-date information on the current state of the main components of the information system, comprehensive technical documentation on the main IT systems and services, an expert assessment of the work of the IT infrastructure as a whole and its individual components. A decision was made to conduct a preliminary audit of the information system.
Tasks for the executor of the project
- Examination and analysis of the main components of the Customer's information system, namely network infrastructure, IP telephony system, wireless network, servers and virtualization system, Active Directory service and mail system
- Identification of "bottlenecks" in the Customer's IT infrastructure as a whole and problems in the operation of its main components separately
- Development of recommendations and project programs for optimization of the main components of the Customer's information system
- Preparation of technical documentation (passport) of the main components of the Customer's information system
- Preparation of the report on the audit of the main components of the Customer's information system
Based on the results of the examination and analysis of the main components of the information system, a report on the current state of the IT infrastructure and a passport of the main components of the information system was prepared and provided to the Customer, as well as recommendations were made to eliminate shortcomings and optimize the operation of the main components of the information system, a corresponding program was developed and proposed projects with several options for further reorganization.
The tasks that are solved, the benefits of the solution that the business receives
- Improving the quality of administration of IT systems and services due to the availability of up-to-date technical documentation
- Time savings for the development of an optimization plan and IT infrastructure development strategy thanks to the availability of clear optimization recommendations and a project program that describes not only the necessary services, hardware and software, but also estimated budgets and project deadlines
- Optimization of costs by comparing and choosing the most suitable variant of the reorganization of the main components of the information system from the proposed ones
- Improving the efficiency of the main components of the information system separately and the IT infrastructure as a whole as a result of the implementation of the given recommendations